Productive Summer Alpine Training and Racing
New Zealand Alpine Ski Racing Camp
International Racer grew out of a simple belief – we aim to provide athletes with the best possible training opportunities at the best possible locations
Round Hill NZ
We exist to help athletes be their best. We measure success in personal growth, athletic development, fist pumps and speed.
If you’re ready to do the work and commit to our culture, then we’re ready to welcome you to the IR Team family.
World Cup Teams Train Here
* U14 & U16 – July 26th to August 29th
* FIS – July 26th to September 12th.
[July 15th 2022 Update]
IR, has a few spots left and is now accepting athletes for 3 weeks up to 7 weeks.
With no training in Europe available, we suggest you contact us quickly to secure one of our remaining spots.
IR has a fixed number of spots based on beds and van spots, so there is a limit to the number of athletes who can be accommodated.
We suggest, any interested athletes get in touch quickly to discuss their interest.
We believe that New Zealand is the perfect environment for productive summer alpine ski training and racing.
1. Professional Alpine Coaching – experienced & passionate coaches giving loads of individual attention based on a clear individual game plan.
2. Ski Racing Venues – world class training venues at low altitudes – low enough that thin air is not a problem, high enough that snow is consistent and predictable
3. Snow – reliable winter snow conditions + access to watered lanes and the ability to prepare our training slopes
4. Weather – predictably good weather
5. Ski Racing Terrain – from flat to medium consistent terrain @ Round Hill to varied & steep terrain @ Coronet Peak. We train on the right terrain each for phase of the progression.
6. Competitive Alpine Racing – access to high quality youth & FIS races
7. Volume – surface lifts at all of our chosen venues make for high volume and efficient training sessions
8. Physical training – 3x daily physical training sessions per day (pre-hab, movement prep and post skiing physical training)
9. Racer Bench Marking – New Zealand has a strong international presence. Train and race along-side elite athletes from around the world. At our training bases one can expect to see national teams from around the globe, as well as strong club & regional teams from all over
10. Ski Racing Culture – the IR culture is based on respect, work ethic and an understanding of what it takes to be successful on the hill, and most importantly in life. The New Zealand culture is unique…they are definitely among the friendliest, accommodating and laid back people around
Roundhill, Coronet Peak & Mt Dobson…we believe that this line up of bases provides our athletes with the best possible training in New Zealand, based on what we feel to be the most important variables;
* Terrain : variety of terrain at all venues
* Surface : prepared surfaces at Round Hill and Coronet Peak, with the ability to prepare at Dobson as required
* Reliable weather : stable weather at all venues
* Low altitude : low enough that the challenges associated with being at 3000’s + aren’t an issue, but high enough to have consistent snow
* Central locations : both Tekapo and Queenstown are well situated, with close proximity to the international airports at Queenstown and Christchurch
* Flexible management : great management teams at all venues
* Turnaround – training volume : all venues have t bars…optimal for efficient training sessions
* Bench marking – national team athletes from around the globe train at Round Hill & Coronet Peak (Dobson is a little quieter…the secret’s not out on Dobson yet)
Round hill is our New Zealand headquarters. Round hill is best known for its medium consistent terrain. Round hill has the terrain, turnaround, surface, weather & access to space needed to get the summer work done. World Cup teams come back year after year for good reason.
Mt Dobson has 5 training lanes including a speed track, a speedy t bar, the highest elevation in New Zealand and a very friendly and accommodating management team. We love training at Mt Dobson (or Dobo as the locals call it). Mt Dobson Mt Dobson is located one valley over from Round Hill. We train at Mt Dobson most in the early and late season, and during the mid season as required.
Coronet Peak is best known for its roller coaster steep terrain, prepared surfaces, stable weather, fast turn around on the t bar and located in ‘Queenstown’, the adventure capital of New Zealand…what more can we say? Coronet Peak provides us with a super challenging and high quality training experience. This is amongst the most challenging training arenas that you will find anywhere.
* Hire of training lanes
* Dry land training sessions
* Individual athlete analysis
* Daily video analysis
* IR logistics and management of the program
* Coaches fees and associated costs
* Cover for gates and breakages
* Road tolls/Mountain Travel
* Phone, internet and coordination costs
* Accommodation & meals
* Lift passes
* Travel and competition insurance
* Airport pick up / drop off
* Snack food
* Alpine Canada registration
* FIS license (for FIS athletes)
* International Competition License (ICL) (for FIS athletes)
* Away race costs
* Race entries
* Lift tickets away from the base mountain
* Personal spending money
* Personal equipment purchase
* Conditioning activities delivered by external program providers
Contact our Coaching Team