Sweden For High Volume Alpine Ski Race Training
Sweden Alpine Ski Racing Camp
We have the right set up in Sweden to provide athletes with a transformational alpine training experience that will deliver lasting skill development, consistent performance and personal growth.
International Racer is now offering international alpine athletes the opportunity to join a dedicated and high-volume training camp in Sweden, perfect for developing and refining skills for the upcoming winter. For those athletes looking for a head start to the FIS race season, IR offers several fantastic FIS starts within the local region.
World Cup Training Location
Kabdalis is a top-notch training centre that serves as a home to various World Cup teams, including the Swedish, Austrian, German, and Italian teams, as well as other teams across the globe, both for men and women. Our strong bond with the ski resort enables us to have priority and complete flexibility over the training schedule, allowing us to design training days in the most advantageous ways for the athletes who attend.
In 2023, we have planned two distinct projects for young individuals and FIS athletes. The youth program will occur between November 5th and December 14th, with priority given to participants interested in a five-week program, though shorter options are also available. Similarly, the FIS program will also be held during the same time frame, with priority given to those who prefer a five-week program, but shorter durations are also possible.
We have the proper setup in Sweden’s alpine ski race training to provide athletes with a transformational training experience that will deliver lasting skill development, consistent performance, and personal growth.
We know that quality execution of the basics, wins ski races – and quality logistics are critical to a productive training camp. We look after all aspects of your stay to ensure you can direct your energy to your development.
Ski in ski out accommodation – high-quality meal plan (buffet style, as much as you can eat) – innovative program design (including physical training) – flexible training schedule – injected lanes – private tuning rooms –– world-class coaching and tons of video…everything that you need for the final prep leading into the season.
Our Quality Control Manager Martin Kitzenegger, Operations Director Luc Pelletier, and Athletics Director Jeff Books have designed our programs based on their combined 70+ years of coaching experience in Scandinavia, central Europe, North America, Chile, and New Zealand – Australia. Our system is based on a holistic and systematic personal and sports skill development approach with proven results.
If you’re ready to do the work and commit to our culture, we welcome you to the International Racer family. It’s a long road to the best – we’ll help you fuel the tank to get there.
We are a highly motivated, detailed, and passionate coaching team made up of full-time coaching professionals with years of experience at all stages of the athletic pathway.
We love what we do!
The coaching team for Sweden:
* Martin Kitzenegger – Austria – with the team since 2013
* Oli Lyon (Australia) High-Performance Coach.
* Luc Pelletier (Canada): with the team since 2005
* Steph Marcil (Canada) – Dryland Coach
* 30km south of the Arctic Circle in the Nordbotten region of Sweden
* Altitude: 465m
* Latitude: 66.15 / 66° 9′ 0.0″
* Longitude: 19.9833333 / 19° 58′ 59.9982“
* Kabdalis is the November training home of many World Cup Teams
* Service & hospitality…the Gunnarstedt family makes it tough to leave – everyone is instantly part of the family at Kabdalis.
* Early snow…Amongst the earliest and most reliable autumn training venues in Europe on man-made snow. A well-considered snow farming program, modern snow-making infrastructure, and a commitment to open as early as possible combine to make Kabdalis an excellent choice for early-season training
* Injection…Consistent access to injected surface on multiple training lanes
* Ski in – ski out accommodation…ski in – ski out accommodation is always awesome
* Food…the food @ Kabdalis is incredible – breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets featuring healthy and hearty cuisine; ask anyone who’s been there – the food is awesome
* Volume…Low altitude (570m) and fast turnaround combine for big volume possibilities (+ no lift lines)
* Weather…northern Sweden typically has a stable weather pattern in the autumn.
* Terrain…Access to a variety of terrain, including flat, moderate, and steep terrain
* Bench Marking & Environment… a known training venue for national teams from around the world, including the Austrian, Swedish, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Swiss World Cup teams
* Races…early season FIS races including 4 starts @ Kabdalis with other starts accessible in <3 hour drive
* Culture…immersion into northern Swedish culture – the Swedes are definitely amongst the friendliest people anywhere
* Hire of training lanes
* Dry land training sessions
* Individual athlete analysis
* Daily video analysis
* IR logistics and management of the program
* Coaches fees and associated costs
* Cover for gates and breakages
* Road tolls/Mountain Travel
* Phone, internet and coordination costs
* Accommodation & meals
* Lift passes
* Travel and competition insurance
* Airport pick up / drop off
* Snack food
* Alpine Canada registration
* FIS license (for FIS athletes)
* International Competition License (ICL) (for FIS athletes)
* Away race costs
* Race entries
* Lift tickets away from the base mountain
* Personal spending money
* Personal equipment purchase
* Conditioning activities delivered by external program providers
The program for the Sweden project is designed to develop the foundational aspects of SL & GS in technical skiing, drill courses & gate training environments. Like most, we believe that strong fundamentals are key to success at all stages;
* We believe in developing technical mastery using proven (& constantly refining) progressions
* We are focused on long-term athletic development – there are no shortcuts
* We believe that a good athlete can do anything in any situation
* We believe in a high volume of intelligent programming to effectively use the available time to develop well-rounded and versatile athletes while minimizing the risk of burnout
* We believe in doing the right things in the right amounts to maximize skill learning, retention, and transfer to competition
The physical training program is designed to push as hard as possible without compromising the quality of on-snow training while optimizing the training for the individual athlete’s age, stage, and competency. The physical training program is designed around 4 primary chunks;
* Movement prep
* Physical training
* Recovery – regeneration
World Cup teams return to Kabdalis year in and year out for good reason. Thanks to a close working relationship with the resort, we have priority and complete flexibility over training times, and as such, can design training days in the most beneficial ways for attending athletes.
7:30am – wake up
7:45am – pre hab (pillar prep)
8:15am – breakfast
9:15am – session 1
12:30pm – lunch
1:15pm – session 2
5:00pm – physical training / or on snow
6:30pm – dinner
7:30pm – video
9:00pm – lights out
* 20+ training lanes
* Full length SL & GS training – 45 second Super G
* All day access to training lanes
* Injected surface and man made snow on all lanes
* Fast turnaround
* Winter snow conditions with favorable northern exposure
* Terrain…Kabdalis has an abundance of what most coaches would refer to as learning terrain, as well as more challenging and steep terrain
* Stable weather pattern and northern exposure combine for consistently good training all day long, even on the warmest days
* Vertical drop : 250m
In true Scandinavian fashion, the accommodation is quaint and practically designed.
* Self contained units
* Single gender accommodation (girls w. girls / boys w. boys)
* Ski tuning room
* Linen and towels
* Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
All meals are buffet style with the emphasis on athlete nutrition.
All meals are prepared by Karloene Restaurant.
Breakfast – 7x days per week
• Served for IR athletes in ‘Karloene’ restaurant Lunch – 7x days per week
Lunch – 7x days per week
• Buffet style meal – choice of hot and cold foods
Dinner – 7x days per week
• A variety of hearty and healthy meals
• The team gathers in ‘Karleone’ for dinner
• Please be sure that you have identified any food allergies on the enrolment form
Meals not included during travel and at races
Contact our Coaching Team